I suppose every girl deserves a little corner of the internet to call her own.
So, here is mine.
Hi, darling. ♡
I’m a hopeless romantic, professional daydreamer, lover of pretty things, old movies, handwritten letters, tiny cafés, perfume, lipgloss, flowers I probably didn’t need to buy, and songs that make ordinary moments feel like the ending of a coming-of-age movie.
I have always had a tendency to romanticize my life.
A rainy afternoon becomes a scene.
A crush becomes a character study.
A walk home becomes a music video.
Perhaps that’s the dangerous thing about being a girl who feels everything a little too beautifully.
And maybe that’s what this little diary is going to be about.
I want to write about love and heartbreak, friendships and growing up, beauty and femininity, clothes I am currently obsessed with, books that ruin my life, movies that make me want to move to Paris, songs I cannot stop playing, little rituals, big dreams, and all the wonderfully insignificant things that make a life feel like your life.
There will probably be too many bows.
There will definitely be too much pink.
I will romanticize men who absolutely do not deserve it.
I will make playlists for situations that have not happened yet.
And I will probably fall in love with a city I’ve never been to.
But that’s alright.
I don’t think growing up means becoming less dreamy. I think it means learning how to dream with your eyes open.
So consider this my little archive of becoming.
A collection of thoughts, photographs, obsessions, mistakes, love letters never sent, and tiny pieces of a girl figuring herself out one day at a time.
Either way, I’m very glad you’re here.
Now, pour yourself something sweet, put on your favorite perfume, and stay awhile.
Yours truly,
A manic pixie dream girl ♡
P.S. — if you see me romanticizing my life a little too much, no you didn’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment